Monday, April 12, 2010

Rocky's Veggie Casserole

I don't know what else to call this, I'm not even sure where she got the idea. My sister is Rocky by the way. Growing up I was Birdie and she was Rocky. We still go by those names, and all that has nothing to do with this post.

So she has this casserole that I LOVE. If she's bringing a dish to pass I always call her and insist that she bring this. It's that good.

What is in this magical vegetable dish?

One head cauliflower, one head/stem broccoli, and a package of fresh brussel sprouts. The key here is that these are all fresh. Not frozen. Box of Penne noodles, ssome olive oil, and a wedge of asiago cheese. (Now we've gotten elaborate with the cheeses trying different ones out alongside the asiago. Very good, but very expensive.)

Boil water, throw your noodles in with your chopped veggies. Let boil until noodles are soft and your veggies are done too. Drain. Lay out into a casserole dish and sprinkle on olive oil, stir well. I grate the cheese, Rocky just slices it up into small chunks. And heere is a picture of my shredded cheese, I just needed a chance to show off my grating skills and the fabulous Liberty of London bowl. I could just DIE! (hahahaha, no really. Those bowls I love, I only wish there was a cash flow to get me the canisters and other goodies.)



Before oven shot. Notice something off? I swore I had a box of penne noodles. I had to settle for elbow noodles, so for the record, it didn't really make a difference, so throw caution into the wond and use all manner of noodles!
Put in the oven for about ten fifteen minutes, long enough for the cheese to get ooooeeyy gooeeeyyy. Voila! Put on a plate and there you have it. Salt and pepper to taste.



This is so easy to make. And so good. Try it, tell me if you like it.

On another note, I write posts right from the dashboard. Is it just me or is inserting pictures a pain in the butt? I upload, it goes to the top of the post, I cut, find where it needs to go and paste. Sometimes I forget about a picture I took, and I have to scan over allt he code for the break I need to write about the picture. I dunno, maybe I'm being petulant.

No comments: