Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cupcakes Galore!

When approached to make 75 cupcakes for the VBS at our church, I didn't even blink. 75? No problem!
Originally I had planned on having them topped and looking the coolest ever!
But then they didn't want them frosted, because they were going to decorate them at the church, and thought the frosting would get too hard to decorate.
Maybe.....
So I knew I wanted to kick it up a notch.
How does one do that?
Colorful cupcakes!
I loved this, and it doesn't take much longer to do at all! Just divide the batter into however many bowls you're doing colors, you can use food coloring (I used color paste) and go crazy!
Dip it into the cupcake holders, a color at a time, and bake as normal.
Here is a picture of the 75:
Do you see the chocolate ones in there too? Yes, when committing to baking to many, make sure you have enough for the whole project, right? But who doesn't love chocolate? It's variety!
Here are a few pics of extra ones I kept to make pretty for us:
Have a great one!

-Roberta

No comments: